SAVE THE DATE
This course will be held again on
November 4 - 6, 2021.
Information contained in this site is for the 2020 program.
Information for the 2021 program not yet available.
Strategies and Skills Development for Career Advancement and Leadership
Career Advancement and Leadership Skills for Women in Healthcare will be held online this year, using live streaming, electronic Q&A, and other remote learning technologies.
This professional development program delivers evidence-based strategies, skills development and education that help women at various stages of their healthcare careers step into and succeed in leadership positions. It also helps to effectively cultivate highly qualified current and future women leaders by developing the following competencies:
- Strategic planning and execution
- Team building and leadership
- Crisis management
- Measuring and reporting impact
- Conflict resolution
- Organizational change
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Overcoming barriers
- Effective mentoring
- Strategic finance
- Resource management
- Defining your leadership style
- Goal setting and execution
- Negotiation and advocacy
- Executive presence
- Persuasive public speaking
- Difficult conversations
- Non-clinical opportunities for clinicians to advance their careers
- Patient-centered care
- Project outcomes
- Burnout and wellness
- Quality and performance
- Innovation and technology
CAREER BUILDING and LEADERSHIP SKILLS
This unique educational program pairs leadership strategies with skills development for the essential, practical, personal competencies required of women to excel at leadership positions, including:
- Mission and Vision: Identifying what you are passionate about and how to accomplish it
- Leadership Style and Skill: Recognizing your leadership potential, style, and opportunities
- Strategic Planning: Identifying strategic imperatives, developing a strategic plan, setting short- and long-term goals
- Negotiation and Advocacy: Negotiating with skill and advocating internally and externally to accomplish key objectives
- Fiscal Responsibility: Managing budgets, risk, quality, and growth
- Performance and Outcomes: Measuring program and organizational success
- Leading People: Managing people and engaging stakeholders
- Communication: Executive presence, dynamic and persuasive public speaking, skillfully handling difficult conversations
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: Focusing on data-driven strategic initiatives to promote and support diversity in the healthcare workforce
DECREASING THE GENDER GAP
In addition to these core domains for success, the course covers diversity strategies for organizations to decrease the gap for women in healthcare leadership by:
- Recruiting women managers or executives;
- Developing the right support to advance and promote women once they are hired; and
- Implementing strategies and policies that include representation of women on key committees and reviewing the track record on diversity inclusion in the organization.
OPTIMIZED FOR REMOTE EDUCATION
The 2020 program has been enhanced for distance learning. In addition to being live streamed, all sessions will be recorded and made available to participants for online viewing for 60 days after the end of the course.